Business Process Outsourcing
Business process outsourcing BPO involves contracting the operations and responsibilities for a specified business process to a third-party service provider.
You may consider outsourcing some or all of your business processes if it makes financial sense and you can protect the integrity of your company in the process. Sometimes taking the business to a team of experienced professionals is more efficient and affordable than assembling your team of in-house professionals.
Benefits of Business Process Outsourcing
There are several benefits to using a BPO company
1. It saves money. Smaller businesses often do not have the budget to hire full-time employees. Instead, they outsource these jobs to BPO providers who specialize in providing customer service.
2. It improves efficiency. By outsourcing certain tasks, businesses can focus on other aspects of running their business.
3. It reduces stress. Employees no longer need to worry about performing mundane tasks such as answering phones.
4. It helps build relationships. Customers feel appreciated when they receive personal attention from a company representative instead of just being treated like another number.
5. BPO allows small businesses to outsource some of their back office operations without having to hire an entire team of people.
6. BPO companies provide flexibility for businesses to scale up or down as needed.
Business process services are generally divided into two main categories: back office and front office.
Back-Office Business Process Outsourcing Services
Back-office business process outsourcing services include internal business processes that aren’t always visible to customers and the public.
We’re talking about services that are essential to your business but which have more of an indirect impact on your clients. Some of the popular back-office processes for outsourcing include:
- Accounting and billing
- Medical records processing
- Claims processing
- Order fulfillment
- Loan processing
Outsourcing some or all of these services will allow you to focus more on core operations that drive growth and profitability for your company.
If there’s not a solid reason that your in-house employees must perform a particular backend process, it’s possibly a good service to outsource.
Front-Office Business Process Outsourcing Services
Front-office business process outsourcing services are more customer-facing. Think of them as services that have a more immediate impact on your clients and which are easily visible to customers and the public.
These services often have a more dramatic impact on client retention and profitability, but some are still great options for outsourcing.
Some of the popular front-office services for outsourcing include:
- Patient scheduling
- Technical support
- Customer service
This type of business process outsourcing is most successful when services are easily provided from a remote location. For instance, customer service and technical support delivered over the telephone or through the internet are easily delivered from any location. You may still need in-house staff to handle those services directly when customers walk into your location.
Why Choose ARC Pointe?
As a business process outsourcing partner, we provide customer experiences and back-office operations for a growing list of satisfied clients. We provide so much more than just outsourcing for business processes.
We are your BPO partners in scale.
We take the burden of mundane tasks, allowing you to focus on your core competencies. True innovation and company growth occur naturally when professional teams work together to ensure all processes run smoothly in the front and back.